Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pre-Christmas Countdown Round-off

First of all, yesterday was my mom's birthday, and I just want to put out there what an amazing woman she is. Let me give you an example: Last week the whole family was in town, and almost every night she asked what we wanted her to make for dinner. This was THANKSGIVING week. We all looked at her like she was crazy and told her not to make anything, since we knew she would be cooking all day Thursday. She just said, "I like cooking for you guys." Honestly? Who LIKES to cook for the whole hungry family every night and THEN prepare an entire Thanksgiving meal? But that's not all. She will wear herself out in the service of others, falling into bed each night without getting more than a few things done on her own to-do list because she was too busy helping others. And she's always been like that, it's not a recent "new Relief Society president" thing, although that has given her opportunity to meet and help more people. Nope, it's just my mommy, being her own selfless self, and not thinking very much of it at all. Everybody loves my mom. And I mean everybody. I have never met a single person who said anything other than "I just love your mom" or "Your mom is amazing." And boy, do I know it. And I am so grateful. Happy birthday [yesterday] Mom!
Okay, on to Christmas:
Starting tomorrow [and every day that I can think of one following that] I will have my Christmas countdown posts. Last year we tackled: snow, socks, trees, lights, advent calendars, music, Chicago Christmas, cards, movies, wrapping paper, candy, and Santa. It was a lot, but so fun, and well worth it. Any requests for what you would like my take on this year? Or should we just leave it up to my own devices and see what sort of cleverless [read: craziness] I can come up with on my own?
Regardless, the Christmas season is officially upon us. It really IS the most wonderful time of the year.
Here's a video of one of my absolute favorite Christmas season songs just to kick us off. It is truly amazing, and moves me every time I hear it.

No comments: