Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Round 1: Snow

Snow is falling on the ground...actually, it's just sort of blowing around right now, and eventually it gets to the ground, where it is blown across the roads and makes really cool swirly shapes as I drive through it. It seems rather fitting that for December 1st, I wake up to find snow on the ground. Not a lot, but just a dusting. Just enough.
Which brings me to Round 1 of your Becky's Christmas Dork List: Snow.
Yes, that nastiness that covers roads and clogs tires and turns all grey and brown and disgusting if it is there for too long. Yes, I do like it. Not all the time, mind you, considering that nobody likes driving home from work in a blizzard, especially when the road treatments are less than quality work, but I like it enough that it made the list.
But in general, I really do love staring out of my window and watching snow flakes gently (or not so gently, like today....it looks like the sky is having a wimpy flurry fight) fall to the ground. I love being all warm and snuggled inside with hot chocolate watching this. I love waking up to find snow on the ground, particularly if the sun is out and making the whole world glitter.
I am also a firm believer in a White Christmas. There is something very special about that in my mind. And it doesn't even have to be a major snow. Just a dusting will suffice. Just enough to make the world white and glittery.
I get excited when it snows most of the time. If I have to go somewhere in it, I am less excited, but still excited. I love catching snowflakes on my tongue, throwing snowballs, making snowmen, and I REALLY love the crunching sound of walking through the snow. I love taking walks when there is snow on the ground. I LOVE taking a deep, cleansing breath of the cold, snowy air.
Basically, I like snow. Deal with it. =)

I mean, c'mon, isn't this pretty? I know it's fake, but still. So pretty!

No comments: