Thursday, December 9, 2010

Round 7: Christmas Candy

Okay, show of hands, how many people get excited when they walk into the grocery store after Thanksgiving and see Christmas colored candy on the shelves? ............none of you? Okay, so it's just me then. Awesome.
But no really, I do get excited by that. Nothing says Christmas is here like holiday colored M&Ms and Reese's and Hershey's Kisses and Hugs. True, yes? Of course, true.

I know it seems weird, but I really do like it. It makes me smile to see some of my favorite things during the rest of the year suddenly show up in Christmas colors. I would much rather have a bag of Hershey's Kisses that are red and green than a bag that is only silver. It is the epitome of Christmas spirit when the candy gets into it.
Every year in our stockings, Santa leaves us candy. Typically, we get some Christmas colored Hershey's assortments. You know, Mr. Goodbar, Krackle, Hershey's Milk and Dark chocolate. We sometimes get little holiday snickers. But every year, cuz Santa loves us, we get the coveted Reese's tree.

[cue hearld angels]

Seriously, best thing ever. You always have to wait until the last minute to eat that because nothing else compares to it. Seriously.
Now, as for other candies....well, who doesn't like candy canes? Don't answer that. Mint is the quintessential Christmas flavor. I'll post on that another time.

Homemade Christmas candy is amazing too. I don't have that often, as Connollys lean more towards baked goods, but I fully love and appreciate any homemade Christmas candy.
Basically, Christmas Candy is like regular candy plus holiday spirit, which everyone knows equals AMAZINGNESS. If our candy can get all excited and festive about Christmas, then why not us, huh? For reals.

No comments: