Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 27 + stuff

Sigh. I'm tired of low-carb, guys. I appreciate the benefits of it, I appreciate the creativity that it has brought me and my food options, and I REALLY appreciate carbs more now. I have made some goals for when I get off of this diet trip on Sunday.
1) No more cheap white bread. I haven't done that for a while, but I need to be more nit-picky with my bread choices. It needs to be good for me and not just taste good.
2) Limited processed food. And by processed, I mostly mean pre-packaged. More whole foods, less easy and fake foods. I'll still eat my Luna bars on occasion, because those are a [mostly] natural source of many vitamins and minerals and there are some I like. And I may still have Oatmeal-To-Go-Bars. I love those.
3) Limit treats. I know, I know, that seems basic. But [and here's a big secret] I have a problem with treats. When someone asks me my favorite food, I usually say dessert. But I will still have them. Mark my words, I WILL  be eating cookie dough the next time it is there.
4) Continue working out at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes. Working out is good for you. The nice thing is that eating carbs again will give me regular energy for working out. The protein diet makes working out hard, as my body is trying to take energy from something that is harder to get it from, and working out freaking HURTS more. Plus I should be able to not be so sleepy.
I think that's all for now.... I really miss cereal, kids. A lot.
Something else I'll be dealing with: I've recently started a new, slightly drastic process from my dermatologist. See, I'm 25 and still dealing with acne and skin trouble. I've tried just about every birth control and medication and face wash and regimen treatment and nothing sticks. So every day I take a pill. Next month I will start taking 2. I will do this for 5 months, then it's over. But during those 5 months I also have to be on birth control and take monthly blood tests to make sure that I'm not pregnant [no worries here, but they have to] because this medication can cause birth defects. I have to use the gentlest face wash and an intense moisturizer, as my face will become very dry. I have to take extra Vitamin E every day. I have to carry chapstick with me all the time, since my lips will get chapped and dry. I have to take a test every month before I can get my monthly pills. I have to see the dermatologist every month and report any pre-discussed symptoms. This all sounds crazy, right? I know. But it works. And quite frankly, it's the only avenue that I have left other than just dealing with it. I don't want to deal anymore.
Okay, on to happier thoughts: CASTLE PREMIERE IS MONDAY! Any other Castle groupies out there? Season 3 finale was CRAZAY. I can't wait to see what they've cooked up for this season. And then NCIS and NCIS:LA starts Tuesday [HUZZAH!] and both of those had rather explosive finales last season, so I'm jazzed!
But the best news of all? I'll be off my diet by then so I can have popcorn. Blessed day.
Oh, and my RS lesson on the 25th is about the attribute of benevolence. Anybody have any thoughts?

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I just started watching Castle this summer...finally caught up yesterday just in time for the premiere. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Yay for healthy lifestyles, you can do it, go team! :)

I had to look up benevolence to get a clear idea of what it even means...so I probably don't have anything profound to say about it. Although, I remember a lesson in my writings of Isaiah class in which we talked about how much easier it was to believe in a God that was omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, AND omnibenevolent, and how all four are really required to work together...if He lacked any of those four qualities, He couldn't be a God we could follow with all our hearts. But how that relates to us beyond increasing our faith...I got nothin' off the top of my head. :)