Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 15 -- I'm getting there!

I've made it two whole weeks on this diet! YAY! And aside from the low-calorie Jamba Juice I had while in South Bend last weekend, I have not cheated or had a treat even once! And since the Jamba Juice was low calorie and strictly berries, I'm not even sure that counts as cheating! WOOHOO!!!!! I'm finally getting out of the sluggish, no-carbs for energy slump and getting used to the general blah-ness of the foods I eat. I am not quite sure how many carrots I'll be eating when all of this is over. Or eggs. But bless my mother and her creativity. Last night we had taco salad and it might have been the best thing I have eaten in a looooong time.
I have also been working out at least 3 times a week, like I wanted. The yoga has not kicked in yet, I'm just too busy. But I'm trying to make up for it with my workouts.
See, we have this old treadmill in the basement. And when I say old, I mean OLD. It was my grandma's and she decided she didn't want it, so my parents took it. I can't even tell you when Grandma got this because I don't remember. But the thing is basically broken. It works really well up to about 3.1 mph, and then the tread skips, so you actually endanger your life going any faster than that. Not quite the workout you were looking for, right? Well, since I have an aversion to thick sweaty smelly CROWDED gyms in the evenings [mornings are lovely, but I'm having a hard time waking up early right now], I came up with a solution: go longer on the dinosaur treadmill. Longer time = longer distance, and even at a walking speed, this = better workout. So the last two nights I have done 90 minutes on the treadmille. INSANE, you cry. SHE'S NUTS, you yell. Yeah, I probably am, but it's just walking. Do I get bored? Not really. See, there's also a TV and DVD player down there. I have spent the 90 minutes watching 2 episodes of Castle each night. It's been awesome! And I actually work up a pretty decent sweat doing it! Not as much as I would on an elliptical or jogging, but still pretty good!
Besides, I remembered when I was in London a few years ago and we just walked everywhere, [ie I never ran] and I lost a ton of weight and was in great shape by the time I came home. So maybe I just need to do this diet to kick start thigns and walk through it and then when I can eat normally again, I'll rev up the exercise too! I dunno, just a thought.
In other news, HAPPY SEPTEMBER! I always feel kinda bad for September, since people only like it because football starts and so does fall, but everybody who likes fall likes October better. Poor September. Oh well. At least we all get Monday off for Labor Day, right? Thanks, September!

1 comment:

alishka babushka said...

you are awesome. i am in awe of you always. :o) love you!