Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 6...and we step it up

Hiya. So, I've made it six whole days without any carbs. Well, except for a little in my luna bar and my low carb tortillas [which taste just as odd as they sound] and my low carb yogurt. I've almost finished the first week, which is supposed to be the hardest! WOOHOO! It's been really tough, actually. And not because I want bagels [but I do], but because I want FRUIT. I can't have fruit until week 2, and then it has to be low glycemic index fruits. I have been eating nothing but meat and nuts and veggies and dairy, and the thing I miss the most is fruit. Ugh, I cannot wait to be able to have that.
But the funny thing is that I usually feel pretty good. Different, but good. My body is still adjusting to the new energy source, so there are rough spots. Mornings in particular are hard, and there have been some minor, but still annoying, headaches. But I am determined to not give up. I need to prove to myself that I can do this. So far, I've been really good. I haven't even taken my freebie treat yet! And Mom made cookies the other night! GO ME!
Working out has been interesting as well. I have not been able to push as hard as I would like simply because the energy is just not there. Today was better than Monday, though, so I know we'll get there. And since my schedule just got crazier this week, it's going to be hard to find time for everything. But I'll figure it out.
And I now have a new incentive beyond my own personal satisfaction and pride. I have been challenged by my friend that if I am really good with this diet for the four weeks that I had originally planned on, she and I will go get pedicures. And since we all know how I feel about pedicures, thanks to my recent education, I was totally game.
So. It is on. September 16th will mark the end of the 4 weeks, with the 15th being the last full day. That is 23 days away. I can do that. And if I do it better than I thoguht [not by numerical results, per se, though those would be nice] then maybe I'll get my first ever manicure too. We shall see.
You know, this Cookie Dough Luna Protein bar is not that bad....if you don't expect it to really taste like cookie dough and you are used to the Luna bar taste.....which I do and am. 2 days til fruit, 2 days til fruit....

No comments: