Friday, August 13, 2010

A Rant...

I know, it's Friday, and I should be so super duper excited about it that nothing could make me want to rant, but it has been an insane week and I have a few things to get off my chest.
1) When you come in contact with people, BE NICE! If you have a concern, don't take it out on the person who can help you. Don't yell, don't insult, and don't wish pain upon them. We are all human here and just because you have anger problems does not give you cause to ruin someone's day. BE NICE!
2) Don't look for excuses to straddle the line. If you have determined to live and believe a certain way, then please do it! Don't try to be as much a part of the world as you can without technically doing anything wrong. There is a reason that we are told to rise above the world. Yes, that means modesty too. When you have gone through the temple, that is even more important than before. Act, dress, speak in a manner that you wouldn't mind doing before the prophet. I don't quote myself very often, because I rarely say things worth quoting, but this one came as I was preparing a lesson for RS and so I don't believe they are my words at all: "Living the Gospel should not have shades of grey. There is white and not white. End of story." There, that's enough.
3) When you're driving in a car or riding a motorcycle (and you'd better be dressed appropriately for safety with that one, cuz otherwise you're an idiot), USE A TURN SIGNAL! It's not only respectful to other drivers, but it's a matter of safety! How are the cars behind you supposed to know that you are going to slow down and turn if you don't indicate it? It's not like it's a complicated thing.
4) There is no cause, none, to insult anyone's religious beliefs. Religion is not the issue ever. The choices that people make should be the issue. Religion is not something that should be attacked. Respect the beliefs even if you don't agree with them. Let's all try for a little understanding, ok?

Ok, I think that's all I have right now. The wind has been taken out of my sails.
In other news, Carly turned 1 this week. She's getting so old!!! And SOOOOOO beautiful! She and her parents are coming up to play with me for a week before they move on to Michigan. Who's excited??? Oh, that's right, me.
And football is starting. Let the party begin.
Good Friday, everyone.

1 comment:

Kelly Allen said...

Becky - I'm right with you on pretty much all those, especially #4. Isn't it great to be able to get a little rant out there into ciber space? I hope all is well!