Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I moved!

Yes, it is true. I am now officially no longer living with my parents at my house. Well, not so officially. I have yet to change the address at the post office. But as my shampoo, razor, and underwear are at the apartment, I think it is safe to say that I live there. It was not a great night for sleeping, but what first night at a new place in a new bed is? Best thing is that my universal remote is all programmed for the TV that my brother and his wife GAVE me, so now I can watch movies and my favorite tv shows all from the comfort of my bed. Go me. And I've already recieved the Mommy-talk about not hiding out in my room with only the tv for company, so don't bother. =)
What will take some getting used to is not having stairs, windows that open nicely, a rocking recliner, a large bed that I can sleep diagonally in, a dog barking at everything, real leftovers from real meals, and a bathroom to myself. Oh, and the DVR. Oh how I am going to miss that DVR! But my parents assure me that I can still come over and use it, as long as I don't clog up their system. What they think they are going to be recording that will take up so much space, I have no idea. Maybe my dad will DVR Zenon or something.
Actually, my parents told me I can come over whenever I want to. As long as I really do live in my apartment. Which is really nice, considering that I work about 5 minutes from their house and 20 minutes from my new place and lunch breaks are much easier to just drive over there and fix a sandwich and catch a power nap. Or watch one of my shows that I've DVRd.....
Anyway, living with roommates again will be interesting. It's been 2 years since I've had to do that...not that I'll actually be home long enough to actually do much living with them, considering my schedule, but that's ok.
What is REALLY going to be interesting is being responsible for my own food. In college, I lived off of ramen, quesadillas, and fast food. Not healthy, I know, but my schedule in college was nutty and that worked for me. Since then I have not had to cook anything for myself. I guess this is what we're going to call the Return to Quesadillas! Subway and Jimmy Johns does not count as fast food, so I can do that. And ramen....well, fall is coming.
So I'll post some pictures if I ever get actually moved out of boxes. At this point I really don't know when or if that will happen.
But happy September, people. Autumn is on its way!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Yay for one step toward independence! Let me know what your guys' address is...I may occasionally drop off a meal or something. :)