Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Apology

Okay, so I felt bad today about my rude comments about Anne Hathaway, honest as they were. I thought, "Now what if she stumbled across your blog and read what you said about her? How would that make her feel?" I know, I know, it's silly, but I blame my mother. She always tries to see the best in people, especially when they are doing something that annoys me. Example: When someone is being a really stupid and inconsiderate driver, my mom will inevitably say "Maybe he's on his way to the hospital because his wife is having a baby". If it's a woman, "Maybe she's having a baby." It's always about a baby....
Anyway, not that Anne Hathaway will read my blog, but just to make me feel better, here I go.
I am sorry for being so rude about her performance in The Dark Knight Rises. My opinion on casting is not important, and I am sure that she did the best that she could. I said it could have been worse, and I still feel that way. she looked like she had fun with the performance, and since acting is her job, I think she should have fun with her roles.
I do not know Anne Hathaway personally, and so it is probably harsh of me to say that I do not like her. I'm sure she is a lovely person with a good heart and a strong devotion to the art of acting. I thought she was fun in The Princess Diaries, which was her breakout role, and I really enjoyed her in The Other Side of Heaven. Actually, I just saw One Day on TV the other day, and she was really good in that, too. And I do love Becoming Jane......so I guess I don't hate Anne Hathaway. I'm excited to see her in Les Miserables because I heard a snippet of her singing on the preview, and she sounds good! Should be fun!
So, Miss Hathaway, if you ever read this, I'm sorry for my rudeness. I don't really dislike you. I hope you forgive me.
There. I feel better now. =)

1 comment:

Celeste said...

You are too cute. :) I have a hard time taking her seriously in grown-up, serious roles because in my mind she will always be that quirky teen princess, but she always surprises me in the end. I liked her tons in "Get Smart," which was still a slightly comedic role but still...

Anyway, she was a better Catwoman than I was expecting (whatever that means). :) But I know what you mean. :)