Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Countdown Day 2: Colors

Now, now, don't shy away from this post just because I am going to devote the entire thing to colors. You have no idea what I am going to do with this thing, so just sit tight and listen....erm....read.....
During Christmas, there are certain colors that are on display more than others, and I LOVE that. Let's take a look at some, shall we?
Red:
I think the red stuff is bold and fun and really adds something special to everything. Stockings can be red, and I think traditional stockings are. But sometimes, just sometimes, red can be a little scary.
Green:
Green is beautiful. Green Christmas trees, green ornaments, green sweaters [come on, you know you have one]. Green is a staple Christmas color and very rarely is ever a bad idea. However, green ornaments have trouble showing up on your green tree. Very sad.

White:

White is gorgeous. I really don't know what else to say about it. I love when there are white details involved in the decorations of Christmas. This year, we have opted for all white lights outside, and it is BEAUTIFUL.

Silver and Gold:
Yes, both of them at once. They don't usually appear for anything else, unless it's glitter, but I LOVE having silver and gold as a major part of the Christmas color scheme. Sometimes it's just tacky tinsel, but STILL! It's soooo pretty.
So basically, any and all of the colors individually are awesome. But when you put them together:
Aren't they fun??? Honestly, the colors of Christmas are some of the best colors you are ever going to find. Take a look around, and see if I'm not right.
PS. A special shout out to a break-out color of recent years: BLUE!

I'm hoping for a long run with this one.

No comments: