Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Little Update

Well, it has been a very VERY long time since I have written anything on here. I chalk it up to the fact that 1) I lead a very dull life, and 2) I did not have internet for a long enough time to put up a blog post. But due to changes in my situation that you will learn momentarily, the latter is no longer the case. But the former is still true. Oh well. 1 for 2 is okay.
So the last few months in a short recap: I am still working at my job, still struggling to have a positive attitude about it, and still wishing I got out of the office more. But because eventually the one who persists wears down the opposition, I will be taking up a couple of hours as an athletic trainer at my old high school as part of my job. I am really excited about this, as I can get out of that blasted office AND be an athletic trainer again. AND it's my old school. BONUS!
I have decided to proceed with getting a Master's degree in athletic training. I want to have a job working with collegiate athletics, if possible, and in order to do that, I need a master's degree. So I am taking the GRE on August 4th and will apply to graduate schools after that. It's been hard trying to figure out where to apply, where I might want to go, and accepting the fact that I have to go back to school when I was so keen to get out. But I need to do it in order to progress at all in my career, and since that is all I have at the moment, that is what I will do. I feel good about it, at least in theory. Whether or not I continue to feel good about it will be up to my ability to understand the Lord's will for me. =)
In conjunction with THAT announcement, I have moved back home with my parents to save money for when I am no longer gainfully employed and on the receiving end of an actual salary. We're painting my old room, which was a very bright blue from when Jen had taken over that room during her time in high school. It will now be a very pale shade of green. I'll post before and after pictures when it's done. For the time being, I am sleeping in what Sarah and I have entitled my "Spare Room" which is actually Jen's room. It is bursting with boxes and bins and bags and until I officially move into my room, I will continue to fight to find clothing every morning half asleep, hoping I don't knock anything over. AND I have bought a new TV. It it was about time as the one I had inherited from my brother and his wife had blown up a few months ago and I have been living with a very tiny, older than Jenny TV ever since. Not cool, particularly for someone like me who is a TV junkie. My new TV is 32 inches and a flat screen. Ahhh, so happy.
The summer has been ridiculously hot here, and I have been working all through it. But I managed to take a weekend vacation here and there, and I'm actually leaving later today for one. YAY. Anyway, I was in Chicago for the 4th of July, as always, and this year I enjoyed "teaching" Carly to swim and establishing myself as her favorite aunt. [This is not bragging, this is truth. She calls for me whenever she video chats with my parents]. I love that girl. =)
In other news, I completed two books recently. The first took me 5 weeks, the other 6. I have NEVER written anything so fast. It's been awesome. I have more lined up, but studying for the GRE comes first. Then I can be all creative and fun again.
And just for kicks and giggles, any fans of the book Austenland by Shannon Hale out there will be as delighted and squealishly [I just made that up] excited about the fact that is being made into a movie starring Keri Russell and JJ Feilds. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Okay, I think that will serve as a proper update. I promise to share more things more often, especially now that I can do so. If you're even interested anyway. If not, too bad. =)

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I'm interested! :) And wow, good for you, going back to school! Good luck on that pesky GRE thing...you'll do great!