Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Musings

It's been a while since I've posted, I know, and even longer since I've actually posted anything worth reading. I've been feeling a bit contemplative lately, so prepare yourself for some reflective ramblings.
~~~
Do you think that we are sent here for a reason? Not just to gain experience and to get a body, but to you think there is something specific each of us are supposed to accomplish while we are here? I've been feeling really antsy lately, like there is something that I am supposed to do and I don't know what it is. And it feels like the harder I search for it, the more confused I get. What do you think?
~~~
I've been working out 5 days a week for the last 5 weeks or so, and it feels really good. Which is weird, considering I tend to refrain from anything that could be considered physical activity ever since high school. But it is seriously my favorite part of the day (ok, ok, other than bedtime). I love feeling like I'm pushing myself. I hate myself during the workouts, but afterwards....ahh, it feels so good. I hate myself when I've been sitting for a long period after working out and have a hard time moving, but I love it too, because it reminds me that I worked hard this morning. And the only person making me do this is me. Feels good. I look nasty when I do it, cuz I get all red and really sweaty. I am NOT one of those girls a guy will check out while working out. Seriously gross.
~~~
I don't mind coming into work in the mornings. No, really, I don't. The way my office is situated, I get to see the sunrise, which just makes everything better. I love waiting for the first hint of pink to hit the walls of my office, and then watching the sky change colors as the sun comes up. It's so peaceful and for a few minutes, everything is perfect.
~~~
Fall is finally here, which makes me so happy. I love the fall colors, the fall temperatures, the fall smells... I just love fall. And I REALLY love going outside when it is brisk and cool and taking a deep breath, letting that fresh, cold air fill up my lungs and then letting it all out on a sigh. One of my favorite FAVORITE things to do. And it's even better in winter, but we'll get to that another time.
~~~
Ok, I think that's all I've got for you today. There's more in my head, but you've all seen enough for one morning. Maybe I'll post again this week and share some more stuff. =)
I'm off to Michigan this weekend to visit Carly and her parents (YAY!) and taking in a hockey game while I'm at it, so that will be awesome. Enjoy the rest of the week!

1 comment:

The Asays said...

I think we are sent here for more specific purposes. We are known and loved individually, so I think that our purpose is on an individual basis as well. Not just one blanket purpose for everyone "gain experience/get a body". Don't you think?
But I think part of my struggle was always in me trying to find "what am I supposed to DO?", when I think the right question is "who am I supposed to become?".
I loved Elder Holland's talk this past conference about being 'helpers'. It's really helped me lately.
Sure love ya, Becky!